Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 05.10.2012, 10:03
Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

По умолчанию МК лепка "Колизей" -Making The Colosseum Wedding Cake Topper

Огромная благодарность Автору Tasha за Мастер-класс

I was asked to make a model of the Roman Colosseum with bride in dress, gladiator groom and Welsh dragon on the wall. What an exciting prospect…then I had to think about and plan the best way to construct it! Luckily I could get all the pictures and scale information I needed for the building from the Internet. Scale was important to get the wall heights and widths as accurate as possible so the model did not look odd. The plans are layed out below:
Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 112.9 Кб
The base of the model was made from a pastillage circle about 7.5″ diameter and the walls from mexican paste (the model was requested to be about 7″diameter). I chose mexican paste for the walls as it dries hard but you have longer to work with it. The various stages of construction are shown below:
Название: 2.jpg

Размер: 66.2 КбНазвание: 3.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 97.6 Кб Название: 4.jpg

Размер: 97.1 Кб
The arches were cut out using a tiny square and circle cutters, the end of one of the PME mini modelling tools sets for small square windows and the circular broderie anglaise cutter for small circular windows. Cling film was used to cover up the parts not being worked on so they did not dry out too fast.
Название: 5.jpg

Размер: 106.7 Кб
The tallest wall section had floristry wires inserted between the arches for extra support as the model was not being consumed.
Название: 6.jpg

Размер: 97.1 Кб
The detail work was added with royal icing and mexican paste.
Название: 7.jpg

Размер: 107.3 Кб
The colour was added with an airbrush and painting with caramel/ivory and grey:
Название: 8.jpg

Размер: 126.0 Кб
Название: 9.jpg
Просмотров: 2

Размер: 121.0 Кб
The two pastillage pillars were put in at the beginning for supporting the pastillage platform for the models. Now it makes sense why they were there!
Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 117.6 Кб
Next the models were made and added, and here is the final result…
Название: 11.jpg

Размер: 108.5 Кб
Название: 12.jpg

Размер: 91.5 Кб
Название: 13.jpg

Размер: 54.1 Кб
Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 71.6 Кб