По умолчанию Stripey bow/Ribbon tutorial

Огромная благодарность Shereen's Cakes & Bakes за Мастер-класс

Название: 1_resize.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 77.0 Кб
What you need:
Sharp Knife
Rolling Pin
2 colours of your choice modelling paste (250g sugar paste mixedw ith 1 tsp gum tragacanth, leave overnight in a bag to settle)
or you can use just sugar paste, I prefer modelling paste
Название: 2_resize.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 68.1 Кб
roll your colours into a sausage shape and then flatten/stretch a bit with your rolling pin about 5mm thick, can be thicker if you like, these were about 10cm long and 3cm wide, the wider and longer the bigger the bow - tip, try and work fast with your sugarpaste or modelling paste so it stays 'warm' and a little tacky so it sticks together and you don't need glue
Название: 3_resize.jpg

Размер: 65.4 Кб
start layering 1 colour at a time
Название: 4_resize.jpg

Размер: 85.4 Кб
Your stack of icing - make however many stripes you want and press downa little on it to make it all stick together
Название: 5_resize.jpg

Размер: 89.7 Кб
using your sharp knife, trim the edges, you can see the icing is pretty well stuck, if your icing is too dry this won't work too well
Название: 6_resize.jpg

Размер: 101.2 Кб
cut strips from your block, these are about 5mm thick
Название: 7_resize.jpg

Размер: 86.1 Кб
roll it out with your rolling pin and trim the edges
Название: 8_resize.jpg

Размер: 85.9 Кб
bring your edges in and fold and pinch them in the middle and stick down trim off the excess between the bow to give you the bow shape
Название: 9_resize.jpg

Размер: 88.8 Кб
add some more stripey icing to the middle and glue it on - set aside to dry. This was a smallish bow so I didn't need to add anything into the bows to get the shape. but if your bow is bigger, just use some bubble wrap, kitchen paper towel or rolled cling film to place inside the bow to shape it (see my other bow tutorial in my albums)
Название: 10_resize.jpg

Размер: 93.8 Кб
to make the ribbons roll out more icing and cut in the middle and cut each edge at an angle
Название: 11_resize.jpg

Размер: 83.7 Кб
fold and pinch the straight sides
Название: 12_resize.jpg

Размер: 89.4 Кб
I made extra ribbons here to make a big statement bow ;-) the bottom 2 I cut a 'V' into the icing for a different finish
Название: 13_resize.jpg

Размер: 85.1 Кб
Use some glue to layer and stick them on as pictured
Название: 14_resize.jpg

Размер: 64.2 Кб
Add your bow to the middle and voila you have a VERY big stripey bow with ribbons