Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 02.03.2012, 15:52
Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

How to make buttercream frosting?

To get the best icing you need to take into account a few things: the weather and how nice you want it to taste! The best tasting icing is done with 100% butter (no shortening at all) however, if your cake will be in a hot place the icing will melt fairly quickly. I will give you here a variation of a Wilton recipe that I use a lot - it is 100% butter as I do care a lot about taste. If you are in a really hot place, please substitute half the butter for shortening.

How to make icing?

Ingredients:

• 1 cup (2 stick) butter softened

• 1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon of butter flavor extract

• 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)

• 2 tablespoons milk (or water - but milk is more tasty)

Makes: About 3 cups of icing.

Instructions:

In large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla and butter flavor.

Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.

Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use or place on airtight container.

For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Re whip before using.

For thin (spreading) consistency icing, add 2 more tablespoons milk.

Once it is done you can color it. Use paste or powder food coloring as it will not water down your icing.