Огромная благодарность My Sweet and Saucy за Мастер-класс

Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 47.0 Кб
Here’s the original support I had made.

Название: 2.jpg

Размер: 49.8 Кб
I cover the legs in Rice Krispie square, flaring them out at the bottom.
Название: 3.jpg

Размер: 52.8 Кб
I then cover the top of the wooden support with melted white chocolate, so as to prevent any slivers or wood chips, or any physical contamination from a non-food-safe wood shop.

Название: 4.jpg

Размер: 57.4 Кб
I take a measurement of my support with parchment paper, cutting it out and placing it on the cake, tracing it with my knife.
Название: 5.jpg

Размер: 55.1 Кб
I stack the cake on the support, carving it before filling it.
Название: 6.jpg

Размер: 54.7 КбНазвание: 7.jpg

Размер: 56.1 Кб

When I have my desired shape, I fill the cake, damming the sides with Swiss meringue buttercream.
Название: 8.jpg

Размер: 76.6 Кб
I spread a thin layer of Swiss around the whole cake, sealing in crumbs.
Название: 9.jpg

Размер: 72.0 Кб
When the crumb coat has set up, I frost the entire cake in Swiss and place it in the fridge to set up, preferably overnight.
Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 57.2 КбНазвание: 11.jpg

Размер: 60.7 Кб
I take the set up frosted cake out and rub it with gloves, using my body heat through my hands to melt the Swiss smoothly.
Here you’ll notice that the support beams underneath the Stego’s head and tail are missing! We decided that it would look much better without, so we had Wes come by and glue a wooden beam all the way horizontally underneath the dinosaur, thereby hiding all the structure. Looks much better, hey?
I also added Rice Krispie to the bottom of the platform to round out his little tummy.
Название: 12.jpg

Размер: 60.1 Кб
I then cover the cake in a mixture of modeling chocolate and fondant, using this mixture in order to allow more working time and ability to smooth out seams.
Название: 13.jpg

Размер: 64.7 Кб
I cover the legs afterwords.
Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 66.0 Кб
I then take fondant, dip it in corn starch and rub it against the fondant, which allows me to smooth out uneven surfaces.
Название: 15.jpg

Размер: 66.0 Кб
I then cover the bottom of the cake with a lighter shade of green and insert the plates I had made beforehand.
Название: 16.jpg

Размер: 61.3 Кб
I cut out spots, eyes and apply them all using water.
Название: 17.jpg

Размер: 60.7 Кб
Then I cover the board with crushed Oreo and graham cracker crumbs, steam the little guy, and he’s all finished!Название: 18.jpg

Размер: 47.0 Кб