Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 54.9 Кб

To make ribbon roses you will need:

stiff piping icing in the color of your choice
a 101 petal tip
#9 flower nail
1*1 wax paper squares

Ribbon roses are simple to make unique to the person making them. This is just a basic idea to get you started. Once you’ve got it down, I’ll hope you’ll take this information and practice until it feels right to you.

Use a tiny bit of royal icing to attach the waxed paper to the flower nail. Then, with the thin side of the tip pointing up make a little cone-ish shaped blob in the center.

Название: 2.jpg

Размер: 54.2 Кб
Without breaking the ribbon hold the icing bag at an angle and begin spinning the nail with your fingers while guiding the icing around the rose center.
Название: 3.jpg

Размер: 58.8 Кб
Keep in mind that the angle at which you hold the piping bag makes a difference in the appearance of the rose.

Название: 4.jpg

Размер: 61.7 Кб
Keep wrapping until the rose is a good size, then remove it from the nail and place on a cookie sheet to dry. To be safe, I usually give them 24 to 48 hours before using. However, I’ve used them way sooner in a pinch.

Название: 5.jpg

Размер: 46.9 Кб
See the difference between these three roses? I used the same technique and tip, but completely changed each flower by applying at different levels of pressure and piping at different angles.

Название: 6.jpg

Размер: 87.8 Кб
Ribbon roses can be stored in a cool, dry place and they will last for a very long time. Just be sure to keep them out of sunlight, because they can fade.

For added protection you can also add gel silica packets to the storage container, as my friend Haniela suggested HERE.

Название: 9.jpg

Размер: 88.0 Кб
Before I go, I’d like to share is how I make shaded ribbon roses. You can do this several ways, including using bags like THESE, or KAREN’S BAG TRICK to create your own version, but I always opt for the the lazy way.

First spread a thin layer of color onto plastic wrap. The stripe can be as wide or narrow as you like. Next spread another layer of color over the first. Then, wrap it all up, add a tip and you’re ready to go.

Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 128.0 Кб
See the shading this creates? You can change things up by loosening the coupler and turning the icing tip a few degrees.

[Pin on Pinterest]
Easy+Pretty=PERFECT

Название: 11.jpg

Размер: 83.7 Кб
Ribbon roses make beautiful accents for cookies such as these, although do admit, this set may be better for looking than eating. In any case, you get the idea.
Название: 12.jpg

Размер: 77.7 КбНазвание: 13.jpg

Размер: 81.0 Кб