Просмотров: 0

Размер: 79.7 Кб

Название: 17.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 102.9 Кб

Название: 18.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 127.2 Кб

Building the stand was actually relatively easy, just a little assistance from my dad out in his shop. I painted the board with non toxic acrylic paint. The bottom portion of the crescent was made of rice krispy treats and then sealed in with white chocolate to make sure it would really hold. The whole right side was solid cake and buttercream, and the very top part was rice krispy treat as well covered in white chocolate. I ran a single support down the right side of the cake to make sure it stayed upright. I covered the cake in chocolate fondant and used various tools to create the craters and the rocky texture. To shade the moon, I unfortunately do not have an airbrush, so I hand painted with petal dust and used the wipe away technique to get the color into all the nooks and cracks. I used white candy color mixed with a little lemon extract to highlight specific areas. I made all the buildings out of rice krispy treats and modeling chocolate (YUM!) and then shaded them the same way. The stars on the board were also made of modeling chocolate and stuck with just a touch of piping gel. The Flavor of the cake was an experiment requested by someone very close to me. Coffee cake with cinnamon buttercream.