Cake Decorating Tutorials  (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso

Вернуться   Cake Decorating Tutorials (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso > Chocolate techniques and how to's

Ваш профиль:
Your Avatar
Забыли пароль?

Ответ

Christmas Faberge egg Tutorial

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.12.2013, 12:32
Местный

По умолчанию Christmas Faberge egg Tutorial

Огромная благодарность Автору Couture Cakes by Rose за Мастер-класс

Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 48.3 Кб
This is the step by step collage photo tutorial on how I made one of my Christmas Faberge' eggs. Please click on the photo to read the accompanying instructions. This project is labor intensive and requires a lot of patience but the product is very pretty and will be great as a handmade gift.
Название: 2.jpg

Размер: 155.2 Кб
You will need the following items to re-create this Christmas Faberge' Egg. The hot water will be used later when you're ready to create the opening on the front of your egg. The holy family image is just something I found online. Feel free to find one you prefer to use and trace it on a parchment paper. Not on the photo-you will also need a ball tool.
Название: 3.jpg
Просмотров: 5

Размер: 200.1 Кб
Cut your plastic egg mold, place 1/2 of the candy melts in a microwave bowl, melt it in the microwave, stir it with a spatula until smooth and not too hot, just warm but still runny. Be careful, this step will involve very hot melted candy melts. DO NOT WORK AROUND CHILDREN AND HANDLE YOUR BOWL WITH EXTREME CAUTION. USE PROTECTIVE KITCHEN GLOVES.
Название: 4.jpg

Размер: 202.4 Кб
Take one half of the egg mold, fill it to about 1/2 cm away from the lip, take the other half egg mold and align it on top of the filled mold. Secure as shown. Rotate the secured egg mold back and forth, making sure that every surface is adequately coated. Do this until your "egg" is cool to touch (will probably take about 30 minutes, watch TV while doing this or have your teenager do it for you, or even your better half ). Once it is cool to touch, put in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes with the bottom of the egg down. You want the rest of the candy melt to settle towards the bottom of the egg so it will have a sturdier, heavier base. You definitely DO NOT WANT THE TOP PORTION OF YOUR EGG TO BE HEAVIER AND THICKER AS THIS MAY CAUSE YOUR EGG TO TOPPLE OVER.
Название: 5.jpg

Размер: 179.9 Кб
After your egg has hardened (you'll know when it is ready because your "egg" will "separate" from the plastic mold as seen on the middle top photo, check that opaque spot at the bottom, that's your egg separating from the plastic mold. Wear gloves, unmold as shown. Start "cleaning up" your egg by scraping the excess candy melt that leaked between your plastic mold. Scrape 1 inch of an area at a time, then brush it off.
Название: 6.jpg

Размер: 178.5 Кб
See the difference? Once you've scraped off all the excess around the joint area, gently rub that scraped area with your gloved finger, this will make sure that every egg surface is even. I used a disposable drink holder from Wendy's, feel free to use whatever you have on hand to keep your egg up for now.
Название: 7.jpg

Размер: 178.8 Кб
Now, let's create that hallow area. Take your oblong cookie cutter, size was shown on the 2nd photo of this tutorial. Make the impression on your egg as shown. Use the "knife" end of your tool and work your way around. Use gentle pressure because you can easily break your egg during this process. You can dip your "knife" tool in hot water, wipe the excess water off, and continue cutting the opening. Once the opening has been cut, use your palette knife to scrape and clean the edge of your egg opening.
Название: 8.jpg

Размер: 168.5 Кб
I used peacock blue luster dust for this egg. Feel free to use any color of your choice. I handled the egg from the inside as shown here on the left bottom photo while I was dusting it with luster dust. Once done, set aside
Название: 9.jpg

Размер: 138.2 Кб
Now, it is time to work on the holy family image. I used gumpaste, a touch of crisco, an image I found online, which I traced on a piece of parchment or wax paper. Make sure the image is not bigger than the opening of your egg. The top two photos shows you that the opening is about 6 cm while the image is 5.2 cm.
Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 134.7 Кб
Roll out your gumpaste to about 2-3 mm thickness. Place your gumpaste on top of a wax or parchment paper, rub it with a touch of crisco, wipe the excess crisco off, then place your image on top of the gumpaste, with the traced area facing up.
Название: 11.jpg

Размер: 108.1 Кб
Trace your image as shown.
Название: 12.jpg

Размер: 127.5 Кб
Allow your image to air dry on a cookie rack for 5 minutes, then place it on a wax or parchment paper, cut the outline only as shown on the left bottom photo. Then use your edible pen/food writer to trace that outside outline.
Название: 13.jpg

Размер: 156.5 Кб
Use your edible pen to draw on the trace/outline as shown. Use light strokes, you can always go back to darken any outline. Once all the outline has been traced over, allow the image to air dry on a cookie rack for 30 minutes. Once your image is dry (will still feel a little damp but at this time, your image will not deform when handled), then go ahead and pop the cut image off the excess gumpaste. You may have to cut around the outside outline more.
Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 187.3 Кб
Use a brush to clean up the edges of your image. Dust with your chosen color, then you may go back and re-touch your outline as the dusting might dull the outline. Leave this image to air dry for about 1-2 hours
Название: 15.jpg
Просмотров: 8

Размер: 183.7 Кб
Now, we're ready to make the base of our egg. I used store bought RKT (feel free to make your own RKT). You need your Base to be at least 2.5-3 cm wide at the top and 3-3.5 cm wide at the bottom. Squeeze that RKT until it is so compact (until all the air has been expelled off the RKT), form it as shown.Use your ball tool to create a shallow area at the top of your base, the bottom rounded part of your egg will sit on this area. Dust with aztec gold luster dust. Set aside.
Название: 16.jpg

Размер: 233.8 Кб
These are the number of pieces of decor I used to decorate my egg. The full photo tutorial on how to use the celshape border mold is here:
http://www.lovelytutorials.com/forum...1346#post11346
Название: 17.jpg

Размер: 222.1 Кб
To decorate the edge of your egg opening, follow the photo tutorial as shown. You only need to use very little amount of edible glue.
Название: 18.jpg

Размер: 210.5 Кб
This is how I decorated the bottom of the egg. Notice how I am handling the egg.
Название: 19.jpg

Размер: 178.4 Кб
Melt about 5 pieces of candy melts. Place about 1 tsp of the melted candy melts in the inside bottom cavity of the egg as shown on the second top left photo. Place some melted candy melt on top of your pre-prepared base, lift your egg as shown on the second bottom left photo and place the egg on the top of the base. Make sure your egg is on the center of the base. Place your hands around the base of your egg to keep it steady while the candy melt glue is drying. It takes about 1-2 minutes to dry.
Название: 20.jpg
Просмотров: 7

Размер: 164.5 Кб
The melted candy melts you placed inside the bottom cavity should remain soft for about 3 minutes (if it has harden, just dab a tiny amount of melted candy melt on the bottom edge of your image), place your image inside the cavity as shown. You might have to hold it in place for about 30 seconds.
Название: 21.jpg

Размер: 174.4 Кб
This is what I used to decorate the base of the egg.
Название: 22.jpg

Размер: 182.6 Кб
Again, you only need a tiny amount of edible glue to attach the base decoration.
Название: 23.jpg

Размер: 167.2 Кб
aint the tiny gap between your egg and the base decor with aztec gold paint (I dissolved aztec gold luster dust in gold airbrush color for my paint). Attach the top decor as shown. Paint the inner lip of the opening with aztec gold paint and you're done!!!!!!!!!
Название: 24.jpg

Размер: 75.4 Кб

Последний раз редактировалось Arianchik; 07.12.2013 в 12:58.
Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

©2022 Lovely Tutorials