Cake Decorating Tutorials  (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso

Вернуться   Cake Decorating Tutorials (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso > Cake Decorating Tutorials > 2D, 3D Animal cakes > 3D Octopus Cake Tutorials

Ваш профиль:
Your Avatar
Забыли пароль?

Ответ

МК торт "3Д Осьминог" -3D Octopus cake tutorial

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 16.05.2013, 20:00
Администратор

По умолчанию МК торт "3Д Осьминог" -3D Octopus cake tutorial

Огромная благодарность Автору Karen Portaleo за Мастер-класс

Название: 1.JPG
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 134.5 Кб
To begin, I had to visualize the octopus on the board, and try to figure out which tentacles would need support, and which would not. And if I could get away with saying she was sitting on three of them. But probably not.
Once I had a good sketch, and a buttercream outline on my cake board, I affixed the copper tubing to the base. The next step was to pile on 9 full sheet cakes, being careful to lower each one over the armature. I wanted the octopus to be sitting on cake, to ensure enough servings.

Название: 2.JPG

Размер: 104.9 Кб
Next comes the layers that will be carved. I ordered all kinds of layers from our pastry team; half sheets, 18" rounds, on down to 7" rounds. Then I began layering and filling, being careful to keep in mind the ultimate shape I was hoping to achieve.
Название: 3.JPG

Размер: 117.8 Кб
It helped to carve a bit as I went along, because it was a big cake. The tips of some of the tentacles were rice cereal treats. Finally, I had a basic shape, filled, carved, and ready for fondant.
Название: 4.JPG

Размер: 132.4 Кб

Название: 5.JPG

Размер: 137.2 Кб
You may have noticed that there was sunlight coming through the windows at the start of this cake...

Now the fondant. While I tried my best to use the biggest pieces possible, one of the advantages of this complex shape was lots of nooks and crannies to hide seams!

Название: 6.JPG

Размер: 96.2 Кб
One of the goals in this design was to have the octopus holding a few select bottles of wine. My idea here turned out to be a bit too ambitious, as the copper tubing I had chosen would not support a bottle full of wine. And unlike in my studio, I supposed they were not going to let me empty a few bottles there at the event. REDESIGN! A cake decorator values her ability to stay flexible! (She values it even more in her clients, am I right? Did I just hear an Amen?)
Название: 7.JPG

Размер: 114.2 Кб

Название: 8.JPG
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 82.5 Кб

Название: 9.JPG
Просмотров: 4

Размер: 133.5 Кб

Название: 10.JPG
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 142.0 Кб