Cake Decorating Tutorials  (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso

Вернуться   Cake Decorating Tutorials (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso > Cake Decorating Tutorials > Clothing Accessories Jewelry Cake Tutorials

Ваш профиль:
Your Avatar
Забыли пароль?

Ответ

Безумный Шляпник торт-Mad Hatter Hat Cake

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 15.08.2011, 06:14
Администратор

По умолчанию Безумный Шляпник торт-Mad Hatter Hat Cake

Огромная благодарность sugarsweetcakesandtreats за Мастер-класс

Название: Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake front b.jpg
Просмотров: 6

Размер: 46.1 Кб

I baked 3, 6" round cakes (each layer was 2" tall) with 5 layers of Strawberry Buttercream filling: Chocolate - Vanilla - Strawberry Sour Cream Cakes.

Here are the 3 cakes stacked. Through the insanity of working on 2 different cakes at the same time, I did an ganache dam then filled the layers with strawberry buttercream. NOTE! Don't do a dam when you will be carving the cake! It made it very messy and very difficult to cut nice, smooth sides with. Work on a frozen or at least a very well chilled cake - makes it easier to carve. The hat is sitting upside down here with a 4.5" circle that will become the bottom base and used as a guide to carve the cake to.
Название: 1Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake 1 Before Carving b.jpg
Просмотров: 4

Размер: 193.0 Кб
Название: 2Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake 2 After Carving b.jpg

Размер: 166.0 Кб
Next, cover the cake with ganache and make the hat's rim. I rolled out a 9" round circle and lay it over a 9" board that was heavily dusted with corn starch to keep it from sticking. I then cutout a 4.5" round out of the middle for the base of the cake to sit in. Brushed the entire rim with chocolate ganache then let it sit overnight in the fridge to firm up with some balls of foil in various spots around the rim to give it some dimension.
Tip: Using the same size board as the rim helped keep the hat's rim perfectly round and not get twisted or stretched out of shape.
Название: 3Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake 3 Make Rim b.jpg
Просмотров: 2

Размер: 138.3 Кб
I then covered the whole thing in chocolate ganache, let it set for about an hour then used a warm ball tool (just rub the tool against a hot, moist towel for a few seconds to warm it up), and created various swirls around the cake.Used piping gel to attach the rim to the cake board then placed the cake over that. The cake was very tall (7") and not very stable so I hammered a dowel right down the center and into the cake board (you can see the cake bulging at the bottom). I rolled a piece of modeling chocolate and wrapped it around the bottom (around 1/2" tall and 1/4" thick) to give it some extra support.

Название: 4Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake 4 Cover in Ganache b.jpg
Просмотров: 6

Размер: 208.4 Кб

Making the board was tedious but well worth it. I was trying to come up with something in the movie and fell in love with the checkered board and had always wanted to make one. I used a diamond impression mat to cut out the squares and then patched up the pattern directly on the cake board. Another reason to use a diamond impression mat and to also get perfectly uniform and perfect squares....worked like a charm!
Название: 5Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake 5 Fondant Covered Board b.jpg

Размер: 175.0 Кб

The entire hat and rim was dusted with patches of Dark Chocolate Brown Petal Dust and Avocado Luster Dust. The little trinkets were dusted with gold, pink, and white pearl dust and the modeling chocolate ribbon was dusted in pink pearl dust and painted with white gel colors. The stick holding the date is a skewer while the other 2 sticks (black and white) were dried pieces of spaghetti painted with gel colors. The feather was made out of fondant and dusted in various colors.
Название: 6Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake back ribbon b.jpg
Просмотров: 5

Размер: 183.1 Кб
Название: 7Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake (tag) b.jpg
Просмотров: 2

Размер: 133.0 Кб
Название: 8Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake b.jpg
Просмотров: 3

Размер: 204.7 Кб

I used the Alice In Wonderland font for the name and age. And made 2 dozen assorted "Eat Me" Petits Fours to go with the Hat Cake.

The "Eat Me" Petits Fours were cut from a Vanilla Sour Cream Cake baked in 10" square pan = 24 pieces each 2.25"L x 1.5"W x 1.75"H. They were filled with Strawberry Buttercream then covered in MMF. Royal Icing was used to pipe the white swirls and "Eat Me".

Название: 9Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Hat Cake Eat Me Petits Fours (closeup) b.jpg
Просмотров: 3

Размер: 145.2 Кб

©2022 Lovely Tutorials