Cake Decorating Tutorials  (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso

Вернуться   Cake Decorating Tutorials (How To's) Tortas Paso a Paso > Polymer Clay Cane Tutorials

Ваш профиль:
Your Avatar
Забыли пароль?

Ответ

Butterfly Canes tutorial

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 01.08.2012, 18:47
Администратор

По умолчанию Butterfly Canes tutorial

Огромная благодарность Автору Alan Vernall за Мастер-класс

In my opinion, one of the most beautiful things in nature is the wing of a butterfly. Its delicacy, colour, and sometimes iridescence have always been a fascination to me.

Since I began to use Polymer Clay, I’ve been trying to portray these spectacular animals. Firstly, I used mica or metallic powders on the cut-out clay, this is good but it’s hard to create fine detail. Then I tried photo transfer using printed images and liquid clays. This method is wonderful for the reproduction of the wings, but I feel it’s taking too much of a shortcut to create the desired effect.

Some time ago, I decided to design a relatively simple cane which could mimic the complex veining and patterns of the animals’ wings. I found all the information I could and from what I read, the task appeared to be a daunting one. Then, I had one of the famous ‘eureka-moments’. As butterflies have 4 wings, why not cane the fore and hind wings separately and combine them after reduction of the canes? As the animals are symmetrical, I needed only to make one side and flip a second slice over. I examined many wings’ structure and overall shape and found that often, the fore wings are modified triangles and the hind wings are almost circular (at least this is true of most people’s idea of a ‘standard butterfly’)

Often, the edges of the wings are the most patterned areas, so my simplified wing cane can be made from lots of elongated flower petal sub-canes with the decorated edge of the petal placed all around the edges of the wings.

Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 52.1 Кб
There are two types of cane used. A plain bulls-eye with the basic colour of the wing in the centre and the wing vein colour (usually contrasting) wrapped around it. The other cane is a modified bulls eye of the same colours as the plain one but with an insert in one side. This insert is simply a triangular section of one or more colours which is placed inside the bulls eye by slicing it lengthwise and inserting the triangle then the cane is reassembled - see photo.
Название: 2.jpg

Размер: 14.0 Кб
The relative sizes of the two canes should be roughly 1/3 for the plain and 2/3 for the modified one. My final wing canes are based on about 3 oz of core colour, so the division is very easy. The quantities can, of course, be multiplied if you wish.
Название: 3.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 19.5 Кб
Both canes are reduced by whatever method suits you – rolling is usually fine for these relatively simple ones. Keep reducing until you have roughly 25 cm of the smaller and 80 cm of the larger cane.
Now both canes should be flattened between fingers and thumbs so that their cross section is about 3x12mm.
Discard the scrap ends and cut both canes into 6 cm lengths. You’ll need about 5 or 6 lengths of the plain cane and 14 or 15 of the other one. If you wish to, you can include an ‘eye’ near the tip of the fore wing – this is simply made from another bright coloured bulls eye cane. It’s inserted as the fore wing is assembled.
Название: 4.jpg

Размер: 26.1 Кб
Fore wing.
Take a length of plain cane and attach 6 or 7 modified sections down one side of it in a roughly triangular shape. Then attach another plain section to the non patterned side. See diagram and photo
Название: 5.jpg

Размер: 27.9 Кб
Hind wing.
Again take a plain section and apply 7 or 8 modified sections down one side and part way up the other. Then attach another plain section. The overall shape should be more rounded than the other wing. See diagram and photo.
Название: 6.jpg

Размер: 31.0 Кб
Next, both canes must be reduced. During the reduction stage, the overall shape of both canes is modified. The fore wing is shaped into a concave and convex sided triangular section. The hind wing can be gently rolled to reduce it, as its final section will be almost circular.
Название: 7.jpg
Просмотров: 2

Размер: 32.4 Кб
When the canes are shaped and reduced to about double the original 6 cm, cut them both in half. Reduce one of each of the halves (make sure they’re the same orientation) to twice the length again. Now, assemble the large and small wing sets, using the cut ends as a reference and the stripes along their lengths to confirm that no twisting has occurred in the

CUTTING CANES

You’ll appreciate that, as the complete wing set canes are such odd shapes, they are very susceptible to distortion when they’re sliced. In order to overcome this problem, simply put the canes into the fridge or freezer for a while before slicing – they hold their shape very well after this treatment.

USES OF THE CANES

Naturally, you can make the canes into complete butterflies by using two slices and applying them to a clay body.
I’ve found that a darkened gold clay wrapped around a length of previously twisted coloured wire works very well for the bodies. If the butterflies are destined to be brooches, it may be wise to use a piece of sharpened 1 mm brass wire as an armature, the point of the wire will take a standard clutch pin cap (sold by many findings suppliers)

I’ve been a little adventurous in my uses of the different wings I’ve made – making

I hope this article has succeeded in explaining that making caned butterfly (or fairy, angel or even dragon) wings is a little easier than some may have thought it to be.
Название: 8.jpg

Размер: 84.6 КбНазвание: 9.jpg

Размер: 75.7 КбНазвание: 10.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 80.5 КбНазвание: 11.jpg

Размер: 63.9 Кб
Старый 31.05.2020, 15:26
Администратор

Butterfly Canes tutorial
Ответ

Метки
addım-addım təlimat, adım, adım adım yönergeler, artesanatos passo a passo, bemutató, butterfly canes, cane, fender, fimo, fotopostup, hand-made, handmade, how to, how-to's, instrucţiuni, instrukcijas, instrukcje, jak na, korak, korak za korakom navodila, korak-po-korak upute, krok, krok po kroku, krok za krokem, krok-za-krokem, las instrucciones, las técnicas, le tecniche, les techniques, master-class, master-klasse, master-klasy, masy termoutwardzalnej, meistras klasės, metodikas, millefiori, mistr třídy, návod, opplæringen, pamoka, pap, pas, pas-cu-pas, paso, paso a paso, passo, passo a passo, passo-a-passo, passo-passo le istruzioni, polimer kil, polimeras molis, polymer argila, polymer clay, polymer clay cane tutorials, polymer glina, polymeren clay, postupak za ukrasavanje, schritt für schritt anleitung, schritt-für-schritt, schritt-für-schritt-anleitungen, stap, stap-voor-stap, stap-voor-stap instructies, steg for steg, steg-för-steg-instruktion, step, step by step, step-by-lépésre, step-by-step, step-by-step instructions, technieken, techniken, techniki, techniky, technikák, techniques, tehnici, tehnike, teknikker, teknikler, torte, trin, trin for trin, trin-for-trin, trin-for-trin instruktioner, trinn, trinn for trinn, trinn-for-trinn-instruksjoner, tutorial, tutoriale, tutorias, tutoriel, tutorijal, técnicas, ट्यूटोरियल मास्टर वर्ग, कदम, कदम दर कदम निर्देश, तकनीक, étape, étape par étape les instructions, öğretici, žingsnis, žingsnis po žingsnio, 宗師級教程,一步,一步一步的指示 術,udžbenik, βήμα, βήμα προς βήμα οδηγίες, οδηγίες βήμα βήμα, πολυμερικού πηλού, παντεσπάνι art, τεχνικές, φροντιστήριο, инструкция, колбаски из полимерной глины, как сделать, крок за кроком, крок за крокам, покроково, полимерна глина, полимерная глина, полімерна глина, пошагово, пошаговые фотки, пакрокава, палімерная гліна, пластик, миниатюра, мк, мк-ы "колбаски из полимерной глины", майстор-класа урок, майстар-клас, майстер-клас, майстер-класи, мастер-класс, ручной работы, ручная работа, создание бижутерии из полимерной глины, стъпка, стъпка по стъпка инструкции, техники, техника, техніка, туториал, туторіал, тэхніка, фимо, шаг за шагом, інструкцыя, інструкція

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

©2022 Lovely Tutorials