Старый 27.07.2011, 09:24
Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

По умолчанию Gumpaste large open rose tutorial

спасибо огромное sifbeth за МК
Название: openrosetut1.jpg
Просмотров: 11

Размер: 28.1 Кб

You need a large rose petal cutter, a ball tool, a frill stick, paper towel and of course, gumpaste in your desired color.
Название: openrosetut1a.jpg
Просмотров: 10

Размер: 16.5 Кб
For the base you need 5 petals. Roll out the gumpaste fairly thick and cut out 5 shapes. Cover the 4 so they don’t dry out.
Название: openrosetut2.jpg
Просмотров: 8

Размер: 18.5 Кб
Grab your frill stick and roll the petal flat. Postiton the frill stick from the pointed end and along the red lines for an even rolled petal.
Название: openrosetut3.jpg
Просмотров: 9

Размер: 14.9 Кб
Use the ball tool to create lots of motion and to flatten the edges.
Название: openrosetut4.jpg

Размер: 20.4 Кб
Steal an ugly old bowl from your grandma and drape the petal over it.
Название: openrosetut5.jpg

Размер: 34.3 Кб
Give the remaining 4 petals the same treatment and postiton them over the bowl in a circle and glue them together. Be careful not to glue them to the bowl though! Make the circle as perfect as possible, as you will use the bottom layer as a guide for the shaping of the entire rose. Let it all dry for several hours.
Название: openrosetut6.jpg

Размер: 19.3 Кб
Now make one more layer of petals and glue them to the bottom layer. To shape the rose, I use folded paper towels cut in small pieces and inserted as supports. Take your sweet time to do this, but you need to get it done before it dries too much. The point is to lift the petals up from the bottom layer. Let it dry.
Название: openrosetut7.jpg

Размер: 21.5 Кб
Add one more layer. Let dry.
Название: openrosetut8.jpg

Размер: 19.5 Кб
It gives a great effect to lift one side of the petal higher than the other.
Название: openrosetut9.jpg
Просмотров: 12

Размер: 30.8 Кб
And now for the last layer of 5 petals. This in the top of the rose and the petals must be close together. Use lots more paper towel for this!
Название: openrosetut10.jpg

Размер: 21.1 Кб
This is how I shaped my rose. As you can see I closed it pretty good on the top. You can make it more open if you want to.
Название: openrosetut10.5.jpg

Размер: 26.1 Кб
Let dry completely and carefully remove the paper towel.
Название: openrosetut11.jpg

Размер: 19.4 Кб
I painted mine with Edable Arts “Scarlet” powder color mixed with iso propyl alcohol and sprinkled cornmeal in the middle to make the flower center, as there is no wire in this flower that will hold stamens.