Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

По умолчанию How To Make Sugar Dahlias

Огромная благодарность Автору lulussweetsecrets за Мастер-класс

How To Make Sugar Dahlias

Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 3

Размер: 245.1 Кб

Hello dear readers, hope you are doing well. I’m very pleased with all your adorable comments on my last post about the yellow dahlia. I very much appreciate them. To thank you all I prepared some tips on how I made my sugar dahlias. I’m very excited to share my first tutorial and I hope you like it!

Название: 2.jpg
Просмотров: 2

Размер: 649.9 Кб

Название: 3.jpg

Размер: 513.1 Кб

I really love make these flowers and I’m pretty sure you will love too. It’s required a little bit of patience to modelling and assembly the petals, but in the end you will see that is a relaxing and pleasurable work. They are lovely embellishments for cakes and cupcakes at weddings and bridal showers.

Название: 4.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 111.0 Кб

Название: 5.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 725.3 Кб

Название: 6.jpg

Размер: 84.1 Кб

When I decide to reproduce a sugar flower I like to be familiar with the structure of the real flower, so I can create the perfect one. It is important to study each detail of the petals like the texture and shape. There are several species of dahlias and for this tutorial I chose the one with honeycomb style and the one with Chrysanthemums style.

Название: 7.jpg
Просмотров: 7

Размер: 157.0 Кб

1. Roll a small ball of gum paste and with a piece of wire create the core of the dahlia. Leave to dry until hard.
2. Roll out yellow gum paste and cut out 3 flowers using a small daisy cutter.
3. Brush edible glue over the core. Slide the flowers, one by one, through the wire all the way to the base of the core to form a tight bud.

Название: 8.jpg

Размер: 45.7 Кб

4.Make the petals using different sizes of the tear drop cutters. Place the flower on a cel pad and gently smooth each petal with a bone or ball tool to thin the edges. Put dots of glue in the lower edges and fold each side over so that they meet in the middle.

Название: 9.jpg

Размер: 50.8 Кб

5. Brush edible glue around the bud back and add the smallest petals one by one.

Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 68.6 Кб

6. Repeat with as much layers as desired. Increase the size of the cutters every 2-3 layers.

Название: 11.jpg

Размер: 50.9 Кб

Название: 12.jpg

Размер: 143.7 Кб

1. Roll a small ball of gum paste and with a piece of wire create the core of the dahlia. Leave to dry until hard. Roll out pink gum paste and cut out 3 flowers using a small daisy cutter. Color the flowers with magenta and violet petal dust.

Название: 13.jpg

Размер: 58.6 Кб

2. Roll out pink gum paste and cut out one medium daisy and two large daisy flowers. Place the flower on a cel pad and gently smooth each petal with a modeling stickto thin the edges and give the petal shape.

Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 73.8 Кб

3. Color the flowers with magenta petal dust.

Название: 15.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 103.1 Кб

4. Brush edible glue over the core. Slide the smallest flower through the wire all the way to the base of the core. Brush glue and repeat with the second and third flowers to form a tight bud. Repeat the process with the medium and large flowers.

Название: 16.jpg

Размер: 76.7 Кб