Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 30.07.2011, 09:33
Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

По умолчанию Gardenia Jasminoides

спасибо огромное Shaile за МК
The making of the Gardenia

When I asked for suggestions of flowers to make a friend said a Gardenia. So of course I had to look up on line what the actual flower looks like compared to the many gumpaste ones I have seen. Then I went to the store to see them first hand. I found there are more than one variety and chose to make the Gardenia Jasminoides variety. It is very full with nice texture on the petals and also has many different shapes to them. As I make a new gumpaste flower I also learn a little about the flower as well.

The Gardenia Jasminoides is a tropical plant, very fragrant, and a favorite for gardens. It is also known as the Gardenia Augusta. Here is the sample I found that I just loved and wanted to make.

Since I am making this version of the Gardenia in gumpaste for the first time I had to find the right cutters in my collection to cut out the petals.. some trial and error to get what I wanted but finally I found a match that I liked. Here are all the tools necessary to make this beautiful flower in gumpaste.
Название: gardenia tutorial_resize.jpg
Просмотров: 25

Размер: 114.1 Кб
All the tools I need to make the gumpaste Gardenia

Next.. I will roll out the gumpaste and cut out several petals at a time to work with. After the petals are cut I soften the edges with the large rolling pin which in my opinion allows the shaping to look much more natural. After they are cut and softened I place them in formers to dry in the shape I give them.

Название: gardenia tutorial2_resize.JPG
Просмотров: 20

Размер: 104.6 Кб
Rolling out the gumpaste

Название: gardenia tutorial3_resize.JPG
Просмотров: 23

Размер: 102.6 Кб
Cutting out the gumpaste petals to work with
Название: gardenia tutorial4_resize.JPG
Просмотров: 18

Размер: 53.4 Кб

Softening the gumpaste petal 
Once I have softened the edges I start to shape the gumpaste to give the petals a more natural flowing look. This where you have to work sort of swiftly before the gumpaste dries. Next, I place them in former to dry completely making sure they don't loose the shape I gave them while placing them.
Название: gardenia tutorial5_resize.JPG

Размер: 130.0 Кб
gumpaste Gardenia petals drying in formers

Название: gardenia tutoria6_resize.JPG

Размер: 132.7 Кб

Gumpaste Gardenia petals wating to be assembled

Название: gardenia tutorial6_resize.JPG
Просмотров: 26

Размер: 110.1 Кб

Attaching gumpaste Gardenia petals

And finally they are all assembled and waiting to be placed in an arrangement 

Название: gardenia tutorial7_resize.jpg
Просмотров: 27

Размер: 122.1 Кб
Completed gumaste Gardenia's
I will post an arragement with the Gardenia's as soon as I complete the other flowers that go with them