Старый 22.10.2012, 19:42
Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

По умолчанию How to make Halloween dead finger cookies

Огромная благодарность Автору Louise за Мастер-класс

Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 63.2 Кб
One of my favourite Halloween treats are these dead finger sugar cookies. They are always a big hit!
To keep the fingers as thin as possible during baking I roll out the dough thinly so it will keep the shape, as cookie dough tends to spread out. You can paint the almond nails with food colouring gels. I like to keep them natural with just a little dusting of cocoa powder, just like on the photo.

This is what I use:
Sugar cookie dough (please find recipe below)
Pastry brush
Plastic wrap
30-40 blanched almonds, cut into halves after the skin is removed
1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder + a little brush
Baking sheets
Knife
Sugar cookie recipe:
I get about 24-30 cookie fingers out of this portion.
2 large eggs (1 whole egg + 1 yolk. Use the leftover egg white for brushing the cookies)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla or almond extract
8 tablespoons (1 stick) (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup (65 grams) confectioners’ sugar
5 tablespoons (60 grams) granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1 2/3 cups (235 grams) all-purpose flour
1. In a bowl add the two types of sugar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and the egg + yolk. Stir well with a wooden spoon.
2. Next stir in the softened butter
3. Add the flour and stir until it’s all combined
4. Take the dough and knead it lightly. Wrap it in plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Heat your oven to 350 degrees (175 C)
Step 1:
Take a small piece of cookie dough (walnut size) and roll it back and forth. You should make the finger long and thinly (think, witch long and creepy) for best results. Pinch and form knuckles. Score with a knife and transfer the fingers to the prepared baking sheet. Brush the cookies with the leftover egg white and place a almond “nail” on the cookie fingers. Chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
Название: 2.jpg

Размер: 88.9 Кб
Название: 3.jpg

Размер: 80.9 Кб
Step 2:
Place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake the finger cookies for about 12-15 minutes. They should be just lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Название: 4.jpg

Размер: 94.2 Кб
Step 3:
Dust the fingers with a little cocoa powder and your creepy dead finger cookies are ready to be served.
Название: 5.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 70.0 Кб
Happy Caking!