Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 11.05.2012, 07:07
Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

Огромная благодарность Diane за Мастер-класс

The petals, pistil and stamens need to be in proportion to eachother. For the petals I am using an oval cutter 2 1/2" long by 1 1/4" wide. The pistil starts at the base of the petals and is about half the height of the petal. The stamens are a little shorter than the pistil and are bent away from it. A real tulip below.

Название: tulip 1.jpg
Просмотров: 1

Размер: 17.6 Кб
  1. The stamens. Make 6. Cut six 3" pieces of #32 white covered wire. Bend the wire over about 3/4" as shown in the photo below. Moisten this part with egg white or gum glue and dip in something like corn meal to resemble pollen. (I used a mixture of gelatin powder and yellow petal dust.) Let dry.
  2. Название: 2.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 15.2 Кб
  3. The pistil. Cut a length of #18 covered wire. This will be the actual stem of the tulip. Colour some gum paste a very light green. Moisten the end of the wire and work the paste to cover the top 2 1/2" of the wire. Pinch the top of the paste into three, as in the photo. Leave upright to dry. Название: 3.jpg

Размер: 11.1 Кб
  4. This photo is of my oval cutter and the pistil.
  5. Название: 4.jpg

Размер: 15.6 Кб
  6. Petals. Make 6, three should be slightly narrower. Colour some gumpaste the shade you want your tulips. Roll out thinly on a grooved board
  7. Название: 5.jpg

Размер: 7.3 Кб
  8. Turn paste over and cut out petal. Moisten the end of a 4" length of #28 covered wire and push into the raised portion of the petal. Название: 6.jpg

Размер: 6.2 Кб
  9. Tool the petal to thin out the top edge.
  10. Название: 7.jpg
Просмотров: 3

Размер: 15.3 Кб
  11. Vein each petal. I have an Aldeval tulip veiner which works well.
  12. Название: 8.jpg
Просмотров: 3

Размер: 13.1 Кб
  13. Make at least one extra large and small petal in case of breakage. So for one tulip make 4 large and 4 small petals. Gently push petals into a dessert spoon and leave to dry at least overnight.
Название: 9.jpg

Размер: 14.7 Кб
Next I dusted the petals with a slightly darker red, just enough to bring out the veins. I also brushed a little black at the base. It's easier to dust before the tulip is assembled.

Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 17.6 Кб
Use green florist tape to tape the six stamens to the pistil;

1. Tape the 3 smaller petals evenly around, to the base of the pistil. Tape each one separately so that they will stay in place and not slide around.Название: 10,5.jpg

Размер: 16.5 КбНазвание: 11.jpg

Размер: 15.5 КбНазвание: 12.jpg

Размер: 15.6 Кб
  2. Tape the 3 larger petals in between the smaller ones evenly around to the base of the pistil;
  3. You may want to add another one or two lengths of #18 wire to the stem to make it more like a tulip stem which is fairly thick. This is the finished tulip, dusted and steamed.
  4. Название: 13.jpg

Размер: 9.7 Кб
Leaves
Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 101.8 Кб
I rolled out a large piece of green paste and cut out the leaves freehand. You should leave a thicker piece from the base of the leaf about one third of the way up the middle to hold a wire. I also veined the leaves with my yellow rolling cutter, and the edge of a knife. Just don't press hard enough to cut the paste. Dry on crinkled tinfoil to give the leaves some movement. Dust and steam.