Тема: роза,rose,
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 25.07.2011, 13:06
Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор

спасибо огромное Melissa Diamond за МК
слова и фото автора

I started off by rolling out a 50/50 mix of fondant and gum paste to about 1/8″ thickness….go even thinner if you can. I like thin ruffles! - After rolling, I cut the fondant into strips. I have a fondant ribbon cutter which sped things up a bit…but you can use a sharp knife too and just eyeball it.
I used about six, approx. 11 inch long strips, which were about 1/2 inch wide.
Название: IMG_2967.jpg
Просмотров: 15

Размер: 129.7 Кб
One at a time, I placed a strip on my cel pad , and using a ball tool, I applied pressure as I slid the ball along the edge of one side. This is going to naturally give a nice frilled effect as the fondant becomes thinner.

Название: IMG_2969.jpg
Просмотров: 17

Размер: 98.6 Кб
The other strips of fondant were waiting for their turn under a piece of vinyl that we bought from the fabric store. You can also keep them under a glass bowl or in an airtight container while they wait.
Название: IMG_2975.jpg
Просмотров: 15

Размер: 151.5 Кб
Now for the fun part— Decide how big of a flower you want to make, and use a paint brush to brush on some piping gel where your first strip will be placed. The first strip of fondant determines how large of a flower you are going to have.
Then, start arranging your strip. You may have to add a little more piping gel here and there. (Sugar glue or tylose glue works well too.)
Don’t press the frilly edge of the fondant into the glue–you’ll need that fluffiness for dimension.
Название: IMG_2981.jpg
Просмотров: 13

Размер: 89.8 Кб
Continue with your circular pattern, brushing the area with piping gel and then wrapping around your fondant.
Название: IMG_2984.jpg
Просмотров: 12

Размер: 93.5 Кб
It only took about 5 strips before my flower was almost full. The last little space in the center of the flower I decided to fill with a rolled piece of fondant.

Название: IMG_2989.jpg

Размер: 98.9 Кб
So pretty! You can use a toothpick or Q-tip to manipulate the petals however you like–
Название: IMG_2990.jpg

Размер: 85.9 КбНазвание: IMG_2991.jpg
Просмотров: 14

Размер: 103.2 Кб
I finished it off with a tiny buttercream bead border around the top (using a tip 3) and a ribbon border around the bottom.
I couldn’t decide if I liked the flower better front and center like this…

Название: IMG_3021.jpg

Размер: 108.7 Кб
Or just off center like this…..

Название: IMG_3024.jpg
Просмотров: 12

Размер: 126.0 Кб
I think that I like it at both angles :0) – My favorite part about this flower is that once you have cut your fondant strips, the process goes very quickly! It’s a great way to add the elegance of a fondant/gum paste flower without the wait!
I hope that you liked this technique–& I hope you’ll consider adding a little frillyness to one of your creations very soon. Until next time, happy caking!